Office of Auditor General HR Portal
Purpose of the job:
This is the entry and training grade for Clerical and Records Management Officers. This position is responsible for the implementation of storage systems and retrieval of information within the Office.
Officers at this level will be deployed to perform general and specialized clerical work in various Directorates such as Human Resource, Finance, Supply Chain Management, ICT, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accurately record, file and distribute all inward and outward correspondences to ensure timely delivery of documents;
- Accurately store, arrange, index and classify records to ensure smooth running of the Office;
- Assist in the development of filing systems and maintenance of both electronic and paper-based files in the Office to ensure timely retrieval and data integrity;
- Assist in the setting up, maintenance, review and documentation of records systems aimed at increasing efficiency in the institution;
- Assist staff with requests to locate and retrieve documents that had been archived.
Requirements for Appointment
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) mean grade of C- (Minus) from the Kenya National Examination Council or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Certificate or Diploma in any of the following: Records/Information Management, Information/Library Science, Human Resource Management, Business Management, Accounting, Supply Chain Management or any other relevant and related discipline;
- Proficiency in Computer Applications.
- Creative/ Innovative - Develop new and unique ways to improve operations within the Office to deliver excellent, efficient and outstanding service/products to clients (e.g. methods, processes, systems, policies etc.). Take initiative and start activities.
- Ethical - Understand ethical behaviour and public-sector practices. Ensure that own behaviour and behaviour towards others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values and ethical standards of the Office.
- Teamwork - Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance effectiveness within OAG.
- Effective Communication - Speak, listen, and write in a clear, thorough, and efficient manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques. Speak eloquently and engagingly in meetings, in one-on-one situations as well as in small and large groups. Listen, be receptive to the counterpart and adapt to the situation. Adjust the message to the recipient.
April 2023 Recruitment